Walking in the Spirit
Pastor Phil Derstine
7 Step Pattern for Sharing Your Faith (review)
- Smile - create a friendly atmosphere
- Engage Conversation - talk to people
- Discover their Need - take an interest in them
- Offer Prayer - with laying on of hands
- Share Christ - The ABC's of Salvation (Romans 10:9-10)
- Use Discernment - listen for God's instructions
- Make an Appointment - disciple them to church
ACTS 4:13-20 - 4 THINGS RESULT when you WALK IN THE SPIRIT
- Galatians 5:25 "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."
- Not a FRUIT or GIFT of the Spirit, but an ACT of our WILL
- Exercises faith to release the Power of God
- "They took note… these men had been with Jesus.”
- II Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
- God's response to our boldness (our act of faith)
- A “notable miracle” could not be denied!
- I Corinthians 14:22 Tongues: a sign to unbelievers
- Hebrews 2:4 “God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to His will.”
- World's response to our boldness (persecution)
- II Timothy 3:12 “Yea, and all that will live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”
- Philippians 1:29 “Unto you it is given…not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake.”
- Mark 10:30 “Hundred-fold blessings...with persecutions.”
- Fruit of our lives when we are SPIRIT FILLED
- Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power… and ye shall be witnesses unto me…”
- Acts 4:18-20 “Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God’s sight to obey you rather than God, for we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
- Luke 21:13 “And it shall turn to you for a testimony.”
- I Peter 3:15 “Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you…”
- Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
- Christian – One who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Disciple – One who accepts and assists in spreading the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Discipling – Process of turning a convert into a disciplined, trained, discipler of others.
- Acts 4:31 “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.” (32) All the believers were one in heart and mind...”