Holy Spirit Inspiration
Pastor Phil Derstine
– 4 words that reflect the culture of our church and process of growing our Faith
- DISCOVER – RELATE – INSPIRE – PROVE – is Progressive, Continuous
- INSPIRE - Inspire your Life in the Holy Spirit
- Inspiration: A divine influence on a person, believed to qualify him to receive & communicate sacred revelation.
- John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."
- I Corinthians 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto
him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
Story of Four Lepers
- At the gate of Samaria (during a severe famine, and Syrian siege of the city)
- II Kings 7:3 “Now there were four men with leprosy at the entrance of the city gate. They said to each other, Why sit we here until we die? (4) If we say, We’ll go into the city – the famine is there, and we will die. If we stay here, we will die. So, let’s go over to the camp of the Syrians and surrender. If they spare us, we live; if they kill us, then we die.”
- Leprosy - an Infectious skin disease, creates nerve deadness, inability to feel, leads to damage to ears, lips, fingers, and toes.
- Spiritual Leprosy: Inability to hear, speak, serve, go.
- Devil works hard to make God's people spiritually numb, spiritually desensitized.
- II Kings 7:1 “Then Elisha said, hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, Tomorrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.”
- “The Lord caused the Syrians to hear the noise of chariots, horses, and a great army…”
- Lepers: “We’re not doing right. This is a day of good news and we’re keeping it to ourselves.”
The Cure - Holy Spirit Inspiration
- Hear the word of the Lord - Read the Word, Time in Prayer, Go to Church! Listen to God's servants.
- Move forward in Faith - Face your fears, adversities, stop complaining & making excuses! God has a plan!
- Refocus your life for others - "We're not doing right... just thinking about ourselves.." forgive, reconcile.
- Do what God tells you to do - Go Forward!
Old Testament treatment for Leprosy
- Anointing oil - a type and shadow of the Holy Spirit
- Leviticus 14:17 "The priest is to put some of the oil remaining in his palm on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right foot, on top of the blood of the guilt offering. (18) The rest of the oil in his palm the pries shall put on the head of the one to be cleansed and make atonement for him before the LORD."
- Touch us Lord with your Spiritual Anointing Oil - Your head - for Salvation (Blood Sacrifice), Touch your ears(to hear God's voice), move your feet, (willing to go & do), raise your hands (willing to serve others)...
- Philippians 3:13 "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, (14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."