Parable of the Weeds
Pastor Phil Derstine 8-29-21
The Kingdom of God – Parable of the Weeds
· Matthew 13:24 “The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: (25) But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.”
· Matthew 13:30 “Let them grow together until the harvest.”
· II Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
· Romans 14:17 “The kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”
· Luke 17:20 “The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: (21) Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
The Presence of God – the atmosphere of Heaven
· Atmosphere (def.)
o 1. The envelope of gases surrounding the earth; the air
o 2. The pervading tone or mood of a place or situation
· Proverbs 23:7 “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…”
- Atmosphere – Presence, Glory of God
- Order – Correction, restoration, repair
- Excellence – Multiplication, Fruitfulness
- Acts 16:25 – Paul & Silas in prison
- Injustice – Pray & Sing – Deliverance
- John 8:7 – Woman caught in adultery
- Accused – Love & forgiveness – Repentance
- John 9:3 – Man born blind
- Victim mentality – Vision – Opportunity for a Miracle!
- John 4:4 – Woman at the well
- Religious debate – Revelation – Ministry Commissioned!
· Jonah 2:1 – Jonah and the great fish
o Judgment – Prayer – Re-commissioning!
· John 2:5 – Jesus turned water into wine
o Dilemma – Obedience – Creative Miracle!
What are YOU doing to change the ATMOSPHERE?
· II Corinthians 10:5 “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
· Proverbs 16:3 “Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.”
· Romans 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.”
o Religion prepares man to leave earth --- Kingdom empowers man to take dominion
o Religion focuses on heaven --- Kingdom focuses on earth
o Religion wants to escape earth --- Kingdom impacts, influences, changes earth
o Religion is reaching up to God --- Kingdom is God coming down to man
o Religion seeks to take earth to heaven --- Kingdom seeks to bring heaven to earth
· STOP Pulling Weeds – START cultivating (stewarding) The Presence of God