Fan the Flame – Possess Your Promise (Pt. 2)
Pastor Phil Derstine 3-20-22
God’s Promise to You – Get ready to cross the Jordan into your Promised Land!
· Joshua 1:6 “Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.”
· Galatians 3:29 “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
· God has a Promised Land for all His children, but we need to learn how to POSSESS it!
· Wilderness: God deals with His people – God did work FOR them – God’s spotlight is ON me.
· Promise Land: God deals with the enemy – God did work THRU them – God’s spotlight shine THRU me.
· Don’t get comfortable in the wilderness! Pass the tests and fulfill your God-given dreams!
8 Keys to crossing the Jordan and possessing your Promised Land (Part 2)
1. You POSSESS what you CONFESS
2. GOD’S TIME is the RIGHT TIME
3. Understand DIVINE AUTHORITY
4. Keep your Eyes on JESUS not on GIANTS
5. The REWARDS follow the REQUIREMENTS
· Joshua 3:5 “And Joshua said to the people, Sanctify (consecrate) yourselves: for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.”
- James 4:8 “Purify your hearts, ye double minded.”
- John 17:19 (Jesus) “I sanctify myself…”
- Wilderness experiences alone don’t purify… You must make the decision to change!
6. Stand STILL until God says MOVE
· Joshua 3:8 “Tell the priests who carry the ark of the covenant: When you reach the edge of the Jordan’s waters, go and stand in the river.”
- Ephesians 6:13 “Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
- Romans 8:25 “But if we have hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.”
7. Take the first step by FAITH
· Joshua 3:15 “Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during harvest. Yet, as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water’s edge, (16) the water from upstream stopped flowing.”
· James 2:17 “Faith by itself, if not accompanied by action, is dead.”
· Matthew 14:29 “Come, He said. Then Peter got down out of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus.”
8. There’s a MIRACLE in the MIDDLE
· Joshua 3:17 “The priest who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan, while all Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground.”
· Daniel 3:25 “… in the midst of the fire…” (Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were delivered)
· Mark 6:47 “… in the middle of the lake…” (Jesus delivered the disciples from the storm)
· Acts 16:25 ”About midnight, Paul and Silas were praying and singing…” (God delivered Paul & Silas from prison)
God fulfilled His Promise
· Joshua 21:43 “And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which He swore to give unto their fathers, and they
possessed it, and dwelt therein.”
· Joshua 24:15 “Choose you this day whom ye will serve: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”