Father’s Day – Armed & Victorious
Pastor Phil Derstine 6-19-22
Spiritually Armed for Battle - Wartime Fathers (not business as usual)
· I Corinthians 4:15 “For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers.”
· II Corinthians 10:4 “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; (5) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
· Ephesians 6:10 “Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. (11) Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”
· Matthew 16:19 “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Leadership Keys for Victory – David & Goliath; I Samuel 17
· There’s a battle in your future – You’re either going to find it or it will find you.
1. Recognize a Cause – vr.29 “Is there not a cause?”
· A reason for doing something – Grounds for Action!
· Must see something deeper than the external problem (the spiritual battle)
2. Reject the Negative – vr.30 “He turned away to someone else…”
· James 3:16 “For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.”
· Ephesians 4:26 “In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, (27) Neither give place to the devil.”
3. Reveal your Intentions – vr.32 “David said to Saul, Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him.”
· Don’t just THINK it… SPEAK it! – Commit yourself, tell someone.
· Declaration activates Faith (which activates God)
4. Reach for your own Armor – vr.39 “And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them.”
· You “prove” something by practice and experience – Put God’s Word to the test
· Be the priest of your home – the mediator through prayer to God for your family.
· Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.” (Love conquers)
· I Peter 3:7 “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
· A good provider is not just financial, but also emotional, spiritual, physical and mental well-being.
Covenant with God – Communion
· I Samuel 17:46 “This day the Lord will hand you over to me, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel.”
· Joshua 24:15 “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”