Finding Christmas Series – 1. Find FAMILY
Pastor Phil Derstine 12-4-22
Luke 1:26-36 – The angel of God appears to Mary.
God craves Family – We see God’s heart, from Adam and Eve to Mary and Joseph.
· Luke 1:35 “The angel answered (Mary), the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So, the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.”
· Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (2) The earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.”
· Genesis 2:18 “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.”
· Romans 8:29 (NLT) “For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.”
Luke 2:1-7 – The birth of Jesus.
God became Human – Born in a common ordinary, earthly, family.
· Luke 2:7 “And she (Mary) brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.”
· John 1:14 “And the Word (God) was made flesh (Jesus), and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
· Actually, Jesus (God) wasn’t born on Christmas, He became human on Christmas.
How to get into God’s Family – Everyone is a child of God, but not all are in His Family
1. BELIEVE that God loves you – He created you, He has a plan for your life!
· John 3:16 “For God so loved the world…
· Acts 16:31 “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household.”
2. RECEIVE Jesus Christ into your Life – Receive His forgiveness, His salvation, His Holy Spirit
· John 14:1 “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me (Jesus)”
· John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.”
· Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.”