We ARE Revival!
Pastor Phil Derstine 7-16-23
John 21:3-19 Peter’s Revival – From “I’m going fishing” to “I’ll follow You!”
· Revival isn’t something we GO TO, it’s something we BECOME!
· Matthew 4:19 Jesus said, “Follow Me, and I will MAKE YOU fishers of men.” (It’s a process)
1. We all fall – A common experience we Christian’s share.
· Romans 7:18 "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out."
· Proverbs 24:16 “For tho the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.”
· II Peter 1:3 “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. (4) Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”
2. Other's followed – Your leadership affects OTHERS.
· John 6:66 "From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed Him. (67) Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Do you want to leave too? (68) Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”
3. Life didn't get better – They caught nothing (God’s Way is better!)
· God’s Love is unconditional, but not God’s blessings! (You reap what you SOW)
4. Jesus showed up – He is pursuing you… but to SEE Him you need to be EXPECTING Him
· Jesus often shows up when YOU are at the end of your resources, and give in to God.
· Luke 19:10 “The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
· Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
5. Jesus gave an instruction – “Throw your nets on the RIGHT side."
· There is "God's Way" and then there is every other way!
· Your ANSWER is as close as your OBEDIENCE.
6. Abundance comes from God - 153 large fish, net NOT broken
· Jesus’ relationship with disciples BEGINS and ENDS with a miraculous catch.
7. Peter swam to Jesus - jumped into the water and swam to Jesus as fast as he could!
· Proverbs 18:10 “The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”
8. Jesus made breakfast – God desires fellowship, "Come and dine."
· Greek word for charcoal fire - only found here and when Peter denied the Lord
· They saw that Jesus had bread and fish – reminding them of His miracle power.
9. Love is the test - 3X's, "Do you love me more that these?"
· I John 4:19 "We love Him, because He first loved us."
· John 14:15 (Jesus) “If you love Me, keep my commandments.”
10. Jesus Re-commissioned Peter - "Follow Me" "Feed My Sheep”
· Matthew 11:28-30 (AMP) “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST (renewal, blessed quiet) FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.”
· Hebrews 12:2 “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…”