Let Faith Arise!
Pastor Phil Derstine
- Psalm 121:1 "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. (2) My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
- II Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, of love, and of a sound mind."
- II Corinthians 10:3 "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh. (4) For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds."
- II Corinthians 10:3 (NIV) "For though we live in this world, we do not wage war as the world does. (4) The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds."
- Abraham Lincoln - “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
Daniel 3:1-30 - Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace
- King Nebuchadnezzar's humanistic image of gold - effort to legitimize it (Dedication)
- SIN: Immorality, Idolatry, Abortion, Def. of Marriage, Secularism (Godlessness)
- God is being removed from our country, NOT by a political party, but by the evil in the heart of man!
- "This is what you are commanded to do!" - Voice of Secular Media, Educators, Governors, Science.
- They had to go through the fire - God met them there! (not even the smell of smoke on them)
- The Kings spiritual eyes were opened by the miracle. (He recognized the Son of God!)
3 Statements of Faith
by Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
1. "We don't need to defend ourselves in this matter" (the battle is the Lords!)
- II Chronicles 20:15 (NIV) “This is what the LORD says to you: Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army, For the battle is not yours, but God’s. (17) Take up your positions, stand firm, and see the deliverance the LORD will give you...”
- Psalm 2:1 (NIV) "Why do the nations conspire, and the peoples plot in vain? (2) The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against his Anointed One. (4) The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them."
2. "The God we serve is able to save us from it" (and He will)
- Ephesians 3:20 "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us."
- Way Maker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the darkness... MY GOD that is who you are!
3. "But even if he does not, we won't serve your gods or worship the image of gold"
- Line drawn: We are warring for the purpose of God in our nation, NOT for a man or political party.
- Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."
- Psalm 27:1 “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield, and the strength of my salvation, and my high tower.”
- I John 5:4 “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”