Pastor Phil Derstine
Easter is a Big Deal - Preparation for Eternity AND New Life NOW
- John 10:10 “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that theymight have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
- I Corinthians 15:17 “If Christ be not raised, your faith is futile; ye are yet in your sins. (57) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Romans 5:12 “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way, death came to all people, because all sinned -- (15) How much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!”
- 1 Corinthians 15:45 “The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam (Jesus) was made a quickening [life-giving] spirit."
Christ in You
- Romans 8:11 “If the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead is living in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”
- Quicken = make alive
- Colossians 1:26 “The mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. (27) To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
- II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Dare to Believe
- John 11:25 “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; (26) and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? ”
- Romans 10:9 “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
- John 20:27 "Stop doubting and believe! (30) These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.”
- I Peter 1:3 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birthinto a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
Song: Glorious Day - You called my name, and I ran out of that grave!
- I was buried beneath my shame… It was my tomb, Til I met You
- I was breathing but not alive, all my failures I tried to hide… It was my tomb, Til I met You
- Now Your mercy has saved my soul, Now your freedom is all I know… The old made new, Jesus when I met You.