Pastor Phil Derstine
Growing in God Series
- God's purpose is that we Grow - It's the Journey, not the Destination.
- A fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ GROWS in relationship with God and others.
- Hebrews 10:24 “And let us consider how we may spur one another on to love and good deeds. (25) Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
- We are a TEAM - Teamwork makes the Dream Work!
- I Corinthians 12:27 "Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it."
- Ephesians 4:16 “From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does it’s work.”
(where additional help is needed)
- Ushers Team – smile, help seating, offering
- Greeters Team – smile, welcome, give information
- Parking Team – smile, wave, direct cars
- Hospitality Team – smile, visitors, Welcome Center
- Tech Team – sound, lights, cameras, screens
- TFC Kids Team – teaching, nursery care, check-in
- Together Everyone Achieves More
- Team: A group organized to work together for a common goal
- Today our Team is called the CHURCH
- Testimony - John 13:34 “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
- Encouragement - Romans 12:7 (NLT) “If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. (8) If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.”
- Action - I Peter 4:9 “Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. (10) Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."
- Matters - James 1:17 “Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. (18) …show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.”
Serving Others is just like serving God
- Romans 12:10 – honor one another
- Romans 12:16 – live in harmony with one another
- I Peter 3:8 – be compassionate to one another
- Romans 15:7 – accept one another
- Galatians 5:13 – serve one another in love
- Ephesians 4:32 – be kind to one another
- Colossians 3:16 – admonish one another
- I Thessalonians 5:11 – edify one another
- Hebrews 10:24 – spur one another on to love and good deeds
- I Peter 4:9 – offer hospitality to one another
- I John 4:7 – love one another
Love God and Love People
- Matthew 22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? (37) Jesus replied, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. (38) This is the first and greatest commandment. (39) And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. (40) All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- Luke 10:25 - Who is my Neighbor?
- Anyone GOD puts in my path
- Anyone I can show God's love to
- Anyone I can connect to God through Prayer
- Anyone with a NEED that I can MEET
- Galatians 6:9 “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.”