The New Normal – Dusty Shoes
Pastor Phil Derstine 12-5-21
Dusty Shoes – Metaphor regarding a willingness to get our hands and feet dusty and go share the Gospel.
· Mark 16:15 “Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
· O Come All Ye Faithful – Jesus came for the faith-less, so we could be made faith-ful
· John 17:15 “My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. (16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. (17) Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. (18) As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.”
· Caroling in the Bars – an annual Ministry Outreach on Christmas Eve
Jesus Christ came for Sinners
· Matthew 1:21 “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
· Luke 2:10 “And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
· Luke 7:47 “Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.”
Parable of the Great Banquet
· Luke 14:23 “And the Lord said unto the servant, Go out unto the highways and hedges and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.”
· Mark 2:17 “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
· Isaiah 52:7 “How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, Your God reigns!”
Prayer of Dedication – on Hanukkah
· Dear Heavenly Father, I dedicate myself afresh to You today. I confess my deep need for your love, mercy, and forgiveness. I humble myself under your mighty Hand & ask your forgiveness for known and unknown sins, for pride and self-centeredness. I confess you today, as my Lord and Savior. I place my full trust in You and lean not to my own understanding. In all my ways I acknowledge You and I desire that You direct my paths. I commit my way unto you Lord and thank you for Your grace upon my life. I commit to love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love my neighbor as myself. I promise to live a Godly, obedient, and growing life of faith through the Spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, community, and personal witness. I ask all this in the Name of Jesus Christ and Power of Your Holy Spirit. Amen.
· II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”