New Life of Christmas
Pastor Phil Derstine 12-26-21
Take a Leap of Faith!
· Into a greater Vision – The Kingdom of God!
· Isaiah 43:19 “Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”
· John 8:12 “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (The Light that gives LIFE!)
A New Birth
· II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
· John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
· Spiritual Transformation
· Romans 12:2 (NIV) “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
· I Corinthians 2:16 “We have the mind of Christ.”
A New Vision
· Inspiration: A divine influence on a person, believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation.
· II Kings 7:3 “Now there were four men with leprosy at the entrance of the city gate. They said to each other, Why stay here until we die?
• Infectious skin disease
• Creates nerve deadness, inability to feel
• Damage to ears, lips, fingers, toes
• Spiritual: Inability to hear, speak, serve, go
• “The Lord caused the Syrians to hear the noise of chariots, horses, and a great army…”
• “We’re not doing right. This is a day of good news and we’re keeping it to ourselves.”
Leviticus 14 – Cleansing from Leprosy (Holy Spirit anointing with oil)
· Right ear – to hear God
· Right hand – to do His work
· Right foot – to walk in His ways
· Head – to make Him Lord of your life
· Philippians 3:13 (NIV) “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, (14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
· Look for the fingerprints of God – God’s Supernatural workings in your life!