Fan The Flame – Pray Out Loud
Pastor Phil Derstine 1-2-22
Happy New Year! – 2022
· LIGHT – 22 bowls to hold the oil in the candlesticks
· Numbers 3:39 – 22,000 Levites to do priestly work
· Number of Completion - 22 letters in Hebrew alphabet
· Fall Feasts (Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles) – 22 days
· 22 Chapters in Revelation – “Behold I am coming soon”
Fan into Flame the Gift of God that is in you
· II Timothy 1:6 (NIV) “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you, through the laying on of my hands.”
· (KJV) “Stir up the gift of God, which is in you…”
· Literally: “excite the gift” “awaken the gift”
- I Corinthians 6:19 “What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.”
- I Timothy 4:14 “Neglect not the gift that is in thee…”
- I Peter 4:10 “As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.”
Praying Always – Prayer is the Oxygen that keeps the Fire of God burning!
· Re-establish relationship through communication
· Ephesians 6:18 “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.”
· Supplication (Gr: Deesis) – strong, continued, incessant pleadings until the prayer is answered.
· Pray without ceasing (I Thess. 5:17), Continue in prayer (Col. 4:2), Continuing instant in prayer (Rom. 12:12), Watch unto prayer (I Pet. 4:7), Men ought always to pray and not to faint. (Luke 18:1)
· Breath Prayers – “Thank You Jesus” “I love you Jesus” “Lord, I give you honor & praise” “I trust you today”
Pray Out Loud – Power of Declaration!
· Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
· Mark 11:23 “Whosoever SHALL SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever HE SAITH.”
· Ezekiel 37:3 (NIV) “He asked me, ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’ I said, ‘O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.’ (4) Then He said to me, ‘Prophesy to these bones and say to them, Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!
· II Corinthians 1:20 “For not matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.”
· Matthew 17:21 “Howbeit, this kind goeth not out by by prayer and fasting.”(cure for unbelief)
· I John 5:14 (NIV) “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask any thing according to His will, he hears us. (15) And if we know that he hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of him.”
· Psalm 81:10 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt: open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.”