Pastor Phil Derstine 8-21-22
Our Mission - To build the Kingdom of God (The government of God)
· Kingdom of Darkness: Hatred, greed, fear, abuse, war, lies.
· Kingdom of God: Peace, blessing, purpose, hope, love, faith, future.
· I Corinthians 2:9 "Eye hath not see, nor ear hear, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him."
The Kingdom of God - knowing Jesus as KING, not a baby in the manger, or still on the cross...
· Heaven's influence on earth
· The Community of God on Earth
· God's culture, language, lifestyle, values, and morals... on Earth
· Wherever Heaven's Influence takes Dominion over the Earth (including sin & sickness)
· Religion prepares man to leave earth – Kingdom empowers man to take dominion
· Religion focuses on heaven – Kingdom focuses on earth
· Religion wants to escape earth – Kingdom impacts, influences, changes earth
· Religion is reaching up to God – Kingdom is God coming down to man
· Religion seeks to take earth to heaven – Kingdom seeks to bring heaven to earth
Matthew 6:9-13 - The Lord’s Prayer - "Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."
Luke 17:20 "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation; (21) Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
II Corinthians 5:21 "God made him (Jesus) who had no sin to be sin for us so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God."
John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."
We are Children of the King - We have to learn to think like a child of God!
Luke 12:32 “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
Luke 15:11 - “A certain man had two sons”
· Lost son (v.17) - “When he came to his senses” (Sin consciousness)
o The Robe - Mantle, anointing
o The Ring - Authority, marriage covenant restored
o The Shoes - Sonship, assignment
· Elder son angry (v.28) - ownership mentality (holding offense, bitterness, anger, unforgiveness)
· Father (v.31) - “Everything I have is yours” (Kingdom Mentality)
· Ownership vrs. Access? (Let God own it, we are simply stewarding)
· Sin consciousness (saved) vrs. Son consciousness (fellowship, connection)
John 15:13 “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from My Father I have made known to you.”
Hebrews 2:11 “Both the One who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.”
Kingdom Mentality - Pursues the Presence of God
James 4:8 "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."
· Atmosphere (For God's Presence) - Order (Correction) - Excellence (Fruitfulness, Miracles!)
o Acts 16:25 - In prison, Paul & Silas began to pray and sing! Freedom & people saved!
o Acts 9:40 - Peter sent the mourners out of the room. Tabitha raised from dead, people saved!
o Jonah 2:1 - Jonah prayed in belly of fish. God spoke to the fish, Deliverance, people saved!
What are YOU doing to Change the Atmosphere? - to attract and steward the Presence of God
· Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”