Finding Christmas Series – 3. Find JOY
Pastor Phil Derstine 12-18-22
Luke 2:7-14 – The birth of Jesus Christ
Jesus brought JOY to earth
· Luke 2:10 “And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
· Galatians 5:22-23 (Fruit of the Spirit) - Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, Temperance.
· John 15:11 “These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.”
· Nehemiah 8:10 “The joy of the LORD is your strength.”
Vision and Purpose bring JOY
· Psalm 126:1 “When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. (2) Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the nations, The LORD hath done great things for them.”
· Proverbs 29:18 (KJV) “Where there is no vision, the people perish, but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”
· Proverbs 17:22 “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…”
Joy is a Weapon – activated by Rejoicing!
· Acts 16:25 “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. (26) And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bands were loosed.”
· II Kings 6:17 “And Elisha prayed, Oh Lord, open his eyes so he may see. Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
· Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say, Rejoice.”
· II Corinthians 5:17 “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
· Psalm 34:1 “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”