New Wineskins for Revival
Pastor Phil Derstine 2-26-23
New Wineskins – Be Converted
· Mark 2:22 “No one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins.” (New Wine is symbolic of the move of the Holy Spirit - Revival)
· Context: John’s disciples and Pharisees asking and complaining why Jesus’ disciples were not fasting, and were picking and eating corn on the Sabbath. Jesus: “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.” (Jesus condemning Legalism).
· Acts 3:19 “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.”
· Repentance (Gr.- Metanoeo) – To change the way you think to the purpose and will of God.
· Converted (def.) Changed from one form or function to another; altered for more effective utilization. (Syn.) Transformed.
· II Corinthians 10:4-5 “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
· Not SIN focused, but REDEMPTION focused.
· Romans 5:19 “Where sin increases, grace does more increase.”
· II Peter 3:9 “The Lord… is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
· A KINGDOM based mindset (God’s Purpose), not NEEDS based mindset (My Needs)
· Lord’s Prayer: Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, IN EARTH (in me) as it is in Heaven (in Christ)
Acts 3:1-16 – Healing of the Crippled Beggar
· Happened at the time of prayer (Revival: Pentecost and 3,000 just saved and baptized)
· Happened outside the gate called Beautiful.
· Beautiful – Means beautiful or blooming, but speaks of a season of time. (Kairos - God’s time)
· Revival – is a Season in God’s Time (A time for us to move, act, change, jump in the spiritual water)
· Like the man at Pool of Bethesda (waiting for the water to be troubled) – “Get up” Exercise FAITH!
· Being “outside the gate” – Isolation, lack of vision, loss of joy. It’s time to ENTER IN to God’s presence.
· You can be close but still outside the GATE of God’s best (In church, but still crippled spiritually)
· Beggar looking at wrong things, doing wrong things (begging, I need money). Asking amiss (James 4:3)
· Mark 5:34 (Woman with issue of blood) “Your faith has made thee whole” (Sozo – healed & saved)
· Luke 17:19 (One of 10 lepers) “Your faith has made thee whole” – (Sozo – healed & saved)
· Sozo (Gr.) – Complete healing (body, soul, spirit) and salvation (mind, will, emotions).
· Peter (vrs. 16) “It is by FAITH in the name of Jesus that has given this man complete healing”
· Galatians 6:9 “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season (Gr: Kairos) we shall reap, if we faint not. (10) As we have therefore opportunity, (Gr: Kairos) let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” (Kairos = God’s Time)
· Psalm 100:4 “Enter into His Gates with Thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him and bless his name.”