Take Off the Grave Clothes!
Pastor Phil Derstine 4-9-23
Jesus raised Lazarus from the Dead
· John 11:44 “The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said, Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”
· He’s calling us to walk out of darkness and giving us NEW resurrected hearts
· Easter is Resurrection Sunday – Colors and symbols represent NEW Life, rebirth, and NEW beginnings.
· Jesus is our Passover Lamb – “The Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29)
We have Resurrection Life – A New Beginning in Christ
· II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
· John 20 (Resurrection of Jesus) vrs. 30 “These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.”
· John 11:25 “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; (26) and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? ”
· John 3:3 (Jesus to Nicodemus) “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again… born of the water and the Spirit. (6) Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.”
· Romans 8:11 “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.”
Take a Leap of Faith Today!
· Isaiah 43:19 “Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”
· Take off the Grave Clothes! – run out of darkness, regrets, and sin… for a NEW LIFE IN CHRIST!
· I Peter 1:3 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
· Meet Christ at the Altar and take off the Grave Clothes of fear, doubt, and unbelief.