Put Your Talents to Work (Ministry Fair Day)
Pastor Phil Derstine 5-21-23
What is Your Mission? – Your Assignment in the Kingdom of God
· Matthew 9:37-38 “Then he said to his disciples, the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few… Ask (pray) the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
· Disciple (def.) – A follower who learns from his teacher through imitating him in word, thought, and deed.
· I Peter 4:10 “As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.”
· I Timothy 4:14 “Neglect not the gift that is in thee…”
· Proverbs 17:8 “A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: withersoever it turneth, it prospereth.”
· Proverbs 18:16 “A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.”
The Parable of the Talents – Matthew 25:14-30
· Matthew 24 – Keep watch! Jesus is coming soon!
· Matthew 25 – Three Parables on how to prepare for His Coming
o Parable of the 10 Virgins – Be Wise! (Keep oil of Holy Spirit in your vessel)
o Parable of the Talents – Be Working! (Use your Time, Talents, & Treasures for the Lord)
o Parable of the Sheep & Goats – Be Witnessing! (Do unto others as you would Christ)
· Matthew 25:21 “His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”
Use Your Talents to Serve in the Body of Christ
· Ephesians 4:16 “From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does it’s work.”
· James 1:22 “Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (25) Whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”
· For the organs of the body to fulfill their purpose, they must be connected to the body.
· Romans 12:5 “So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. (6) Having then GIFTS differing according to the grace that is given us…”
· Galatians 6:10 “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.”
· Where are you using your gifts and talents to serve the church and community? (Ministry Fair Day)