Gospel of the Kingdom
Pastor Phil Derstine 8-27-23
Gospel of the Kingdom
- Matthew 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
- Characterized by: Power, Authority, Assignment, Demonstration
- Matthew 4:23 “And Jesus went about all Galilee teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”
- Acts 10:38 “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.”
- Matthew 10:1 (NIV) “He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. (7) As you go, preach this message: The kingdom of heaven is near. (8) Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.”
- I Corinthians 2:4 (NIV) “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power (5) so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.”
- Demonstration - The act or process of showing evidence or proof of the merits of a product to a prospective consumer.
- Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
- Mark 16:15 “Go ye [as ye go] into all the world and preach the Gospel [of the Kingdom] to every creature. (17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (18) …they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
7 Step Pattern for Evangelism
1. Smile – creates an atmosphere of acceptance
2. Engage Conversation – talk to people
- Romans 10:14 “How then shall they call on Him in who they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?”
- Your silent witness is not enough!
3. Discover their Need - by listening
4. Offer Prayer – impartation (take their hand)
· Mark 16:18 "They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover."
· Become a Lightning Rod for God!
5. Use Discernment – listen for God’s instruction
- Romans 8:26 (NIV) "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."
6. Share Christ – lead them to Salvation
- ABC's of Salvation - Admit you are a sinner, Believe in your heart, Confess with your mouth.
- Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
7. Make an Appointment - discipleship (invite them to church)
Christ's Ambassadors on Earth
- II Corinthians 5:20 (NIV) “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.”