A Christ Attitude!
Pastor Phil Derstine 10-22-23
Have a Christ Attitude
· Philippians 2:5 “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.”
· Phroneo (Gr.) – means your thinking or attitude.
· I Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
· By Faith – it’s a choice!
· It’s easier to ACT yourself into a new way of thinking, then it is to THINK yourself into a new way of acting. (Faith Acts)
· John Maxwell: “Change your THINKING and you’ll change your LIFE!”
· A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can’t go anywhere until you change it.
Attitudes to Avoid
1. I’m invincible – nothing can go wrong
· James 4:14 “What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”
· Matthew 5:45 “He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”
2. God Loves me more – I’m more spiritual
· Luke 13:2 “Do you think these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you to will all perish.”
· John 16:33 “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
3. Why should I care – It doesn’t involve me
· Galatians 6:10 “Therefore, as we have opportunity let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
· Matthew 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men, that they might see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
Attitudes to Attain
1. I’m living for Eternity!
· Hebrews 12:28 “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably.”
· I Peter 1:3-4 “He has given us a living hope, an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade…”
· II Peter 3:9 “He’s longsuffering… not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
2. I’m loved by God!
· John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son…”
· Romans 8:38,39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life… shall be able to separate us from the love of God…”
· Philippians 1:21 “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
3. I’m blessed to bless others!
· II Corinthians 1:4 “Who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”
· Job 42:10 “After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before.”
- Hebrews 12:1 “ Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, (2) fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith…”